Best Turkey Meatball Recipe – Simple and Delicious!
Looking for an absolutely scrumptious, mouth-watering turkey meatball recipe?
Well, you couldn’t have come to a better spot.
I have tried many different recipes, but this is by far the I have ever used. And not only is it delicious, it is also extremely healthy.
In this article, we go over step-by-step instructions for my patented turkey meatball recipe, that will make grandma’s homemade recipes seem like child’s play.
Health Benefits Of This Turkey Meatball Recipe
This recipe is super healthy and contains the following health benefits:
- High source of protein
- High in iron
- High in zinc
- High in potassium
- High in selenium
- High in Vitamin B6
- High in Niacin
- High in tryptophan
If possible, although slightly more expensive, it is best to consume Organic Turkey.
These birds will have much greater health benefits without all the antibiotics and hormones.
Other health benefits
Other health benefits in this delicious turkey meatballs recipe come from the onions, garlic, mushroom, oat bran, flaxseed, and eggs.
Onions and garlic will help in fighting infections and cancer, and they contain flavanoids to help prevent heart disease.
Button mushrooms have been found to benefit the immune system and heart health, protect against cancer, and contains vitamins C, D, and B and minerals magnesium, selenium, iron, phosphorous, potassium and zinc.
Suggested reading: 7 Types of Mushrooms To Add To Your Diet
Oat bran helps lower cholesterol, prevent cardiovascular disease, and helps prevent constipation.
Flaxseed also has numerous benefits and is one of the best foods you can eat.
Flaxseeds are great sources of omega 3 fatty acids which helps reduce inflammation in the body.They are also found to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol, as well as blood pressure,
They are also a great source of lingans, which is the fiber found in flaxseed shown to promote digestion and play in role in the prevention of breast cancer.
Finally, the eggs in the recipe include are a great source of protein, choline (a nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system), and vitamin D (one of the few foods to contain vitamin D).
Eggs have also have shown to prevent breast cancer as well as promote healthy hair and nails.
And despite popular belief that eggs raise cholesterol, it is being shown that eggs actually do not have a negative effect on cholesterol.
Ingredients For Turkey Meatballs:
- 1-1.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
- ½ onion, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup mushrooms, minced
- 1/3 cup oat bran (quick oats)
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 2 egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups pasta sauce (home-made or store bought)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Directions For Cooking Turkey Meatballs:
- In a large pot, simmer pasta sauce
- In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients until all ingredients are well combined
- Heat olive oil (enough to lightly coat the skillet—about 2 tablespoons) in large skillet
- Form turkey mixture into meatballs and place in skillet—cook both sides until lightly browned (don’t worry about cooking all the way through)–a few minutes on each side
- Place all meatballs in simmering pasta sauce and cook for approximately 45 minutes
And there you have it! Enjoy the best turkey meatballs recipe ever and let us know what you think!