This chest and triceps workout is a strength workout designed to really increase your overall strength. It is very important that you take the specified rests in-between sets for optimum effectiveness of this chest and triceps workout for strength. Since this is a strength workout, it is very important that you give your muscles adequate time to recover between sets so that you can maximally lift as much as possible during each set. Make sure to get an adequate warm-up before starting this triceps/chest workout to ensure safety and to avoid unnecessary injuries. If you have any questions/comments regarding this upper body workout let us know by emailing us at [email protected].
Chest and tricep workout below:
1. Smith Machine Flat Bench Press (Chest Exercise) – (if your gym has a regular bench press, you may use that instead) – 4 sets of 3-5 reps with 3-minute rest in-between sets
2. Incline DB Bench Press (Chest Exercise)- 4 sets of 3-5 reps with 3-minute rest in between sets
3. DB Bench Press(Chest Exercise) – 4 sets of 5 reps with 3-minute rest in-between sets
4. For this last exercise it will be a superset of machine fly’s and pushups (Chest Exercises), therefore, without taking any breaks do a set of machine chest flys and then a set of pushups. Take a 1-minute break and then repeat for a total of 3 sets each.
5. Skull Crushers – (Triceps Exercise) 4 sets of 3-5 reps with 3-minute rest in-between sets
6. Triceps Push-down (bar) (Triceps Exercise) – 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 holds with 1-2 minute rest in-between sets – The clip for the 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 holds is for shoulder press but it can be used for any muscle group and any exercise, including this triceps exercise. For this triceps exercise, complete the holds with your elbows at a 90-degree angle.
You have just completed the chest and triceps workout for strength gains! Make sure to keep hydrated and consume your post-workout nutrition of simple carbs and protein.