47 Best Healthy Food Options To Try Today!
Looking for the best healthy food options to add to your diet?
We have you covered!
Below you’ll find an extensive list of all my favorite healthy food options for breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner.
Healthy Breakfast Food Options:
- 3 eggs scrambled with orange juice and toast with a banana
- Bowl of granola with a banana and some cottage cheese (this is one of my favorite healthy food options)
- Greek yogurt with blueberries and a glass of cranberry juice
- 3 egg omelet with asparagus and spinach with French toast and some mixed fruit consisting of melon, grapes, and honeydew.
- Protein shake with all-natural protein powder, soy milk or almond milk, banana, almond butter or peanut butter, strawberries, and flaxseed (although I would recommend almond milk over regular milk, if you really enjoy cow’s milk, then that can be used as well as one of many of your positive food selections)
- An all-natural protein bar and a banana
- Scrambled tofu with veggies (mushrooms, snap peas, green beans, asparagus, spinach, kale) (this is another one of my favorite healthy food options – talk about a healthy meal that also tastes delicious!)
- Oatmeal with blackberries, blueberries, flaxseed, and almonds
- Whole wheat pancakes with strawberries and bananas on top with some cottage cheese on the side with a glass of orange juice (as with all the beneficial food choices that include grains, try to consume whole wheat for extra fiber and nutrients!)
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole-wheat bread with an apple on the side
Healthy Snack Food Options:
- Pistachios, almonds, and peanuts (nuts are fantastic health foods)
- An all-natural protein bar
- Celery and peanut butter
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole-wheat bread
- Hummus with whole wheat pita
- A superfood smoothie with kale, spinach, 2 slices of pineapple, one mango, one banana, and soy milk or almond milk (one of my personal favorite healthy food options – don’t let the green color deter you away!)
- Mixed fruit
- Turkey sandwich on whole-wheat bread with lettuce and tomato
- Apple with peanut butter
- Canned tuna or salmon
- Smoked salmon with some whole-wheat toast and an avocado
- Protein shake
- Cliff bar
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Laughing Cow light switch original wedge
Healthy Lunch & Dinner Food Options:
- Grilled salmon with asparagus
- Can of tuna
- Spinach salad
- Chicken salad
- Chipotle burrito
- Samurai Sam’s rice bowl with brown rice, white meat chicken, and vegetables
- Mixed beans with some grilled turkey
- Grilled chicken with brown rice and asparagus (this is one of the most balanced meals and it tastes great!)
- Turkey and roast beef sandwich on whole wheat with lettuce and tomatoes
- Spaghetti with meat sauce
- Bow tie pasta with grilled chicken breast and sautéed mushrooms and spinach
- Organic macaroni and cheese
- Taco with ground beef, beans, rice, and salsa
- Roast beef with roasted potatoes and sliced carrots
- Grilled steak with sweet potatoes
- Grilled salmon with linguini pasta (This is a complete, healthy meal that will provide you with a great source of fat, carbohydrates, and protein)
- Chicken stir fry with vegetables (broccoli, mushrooms, green beans, asparagus, spinach, kale) – To limit potential calories (if you are trying to lose weight), go easy on the sauce.
- Bowl of canned soup
- Grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun
- Chicken quesadilla
- Mixed beans and brown rice with a piece of baked chicken and asparagus
- Turkey meatballs with brown rice
Put It into Practice: 3 Impactful Takeaways to Implement
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast: We suggest several healthy breakfast options such as scrambled eggs with orange juice and toast with a banana, a bowl of granola with a banana and some cottage cheese, or Greek yogurt with blueberries and a glass of cranberry juice. Try incorporating one of these options into your morning routine.
- Snack smart: We recommend several healthy snack options such as nuts (pistachios, almonds, and peanuts), an all-natural protein bar, celery and peanut butter, or hummus with whole wheat pita. Keep these snacks on hand for when hunger strikes between meals.
- Make healthy choices for lunch and dinner: We suggest several healthy lunch and dinner options such as grilled salmon with asparagus, a spinach salad, a chicken salad, or a Chipotle burrito. Consider incorporating these options into your meal planning.