Improving your health with fitness is paramount for our well being. A good fitness plan can ensure you lead a healthy and fulfilling life, and even though fitness can often be grueling, it pays off in the long run in more ways than one. Here are ten tips on how to improve your health.
Improve Your Health With These 10 Recommendations
1. Tip one – Keep your workouts intense and concise!
- Workouts are more about quality than length. A short, intense workout can ensure you get that healthy lift you desire. You do not need to be in the gym all day to get results. When it comes to intense workouts, remember the old cliche saying of quality over quantity as this applies to world of exercise.
2. Tip two – Work all your muscle groups!
- Cover all the muscle groups is the best advice to improve your health. Focusing on one muscle group means you will be fit and firm in certain parts of the body but lack muscle in others. Major muscle groups include back, chest and legs while minor muscle groups include biceps, triceps, shoulders, traps, and calves. Major muscle groups should make up a majority of your workouts but make sure to work in minor groups in a lesser quantity as well.
3. Tip three – Mix it up!
- Prevent tedium. In order to stop yourself from becoming bored of your fitness routines, you need to mix it up and keep it alternating. When you feel yourself start to get bored from a routine, switch it up and keep it exciting. This will prevent you from getting bored and stagnant, and will help keep you stay motivated to improve your health for the long hall.
4. Tip four – Exercise at Home
- Adapt to your environment. Keep an area to exercise at home, like your garage. Whether it be a couple of dumbbells, a workout machine like an air bike, some cardio exercise machines such as a treadmill, or even just an empty space for abs and body-weight exercises, make sure the area is 100% fitness related. Keeping it solely for fitness means you have no other associations with that area other than high intensity workouts and getting in shape. This will allow you to get in a quality workout even if you are not able to make it to the gym one day.
5. Tip five – Have a balanced diet!
- This really important tip to improve your health is to have a balanced diet. A healthy diet and lifestyle can ensure you are operating at your best. Diet is a big part of building muscle and becoming healthy, and without a balanced diet, you will not be maximizing gains. Without the right nutrients it is very difficult to achieve the results that you desire. Make sure to consume an adequate intake of protein, complex carbs, and omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. And if you need a great mental boost to improve your workout, checkout our article on our top 5 nootropic stacks
6. Tip Six – Find a training buddy
- There is nothing wrong with asking for help to get you started and headed in the right direction. Try and get help from a friend or a fitness professional. It may be difficult to become healthy on your own and often times a little support and motivation for someone else can be highly beneficial. Having a training buddy allows you to both measure your improvement against each other and provide encouragement when you need it the most.
7. Tip seven – Get rid of junk food!
- Clean out all your left over fatty foods and clean up your mindset. If you are going to really improve your health, you need to ensure that the temptations are locked away. Ask friends and family not to smoke in your presence or drink too much around you. This will make others fully aware of your turnaround and inspire them to help you change. Creating a positive environment is very important to improve your health.
8. Tip eight – Positivity is a must!
- Keep people who are positive close to you. Positivity is contagious, and it will inspire you to achieve. Mindset is the single most important factor when trying to improve your health, and without the right positive mindset and willpower, it is impossible to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
9. Tip nine – Establish a routine!
- Make a set routine. Ensure this routine involves working out at both the gym and/or at home, using both cardiovascular exercise and strength training. Your goals will dictate the type of workouts you will be performing, but I highly recommend that no matter what your goals are, that your workout routine contains a balance of both strength training and cardiovascular exercise (click for a great article on the best time to do cardio exercise). Make a plan for yourself and get into the habit of making fitness a constant, positive, and big aspect of your life.
10. Tip ten- Take an off day
- It’s okay to have an off day. It’s important to have an off day when we just don’t have “it.” If you need a day or two off, take it. Just remember to come back energized and ready to go at it again. There will be bumps and bruises along the way, but when you have to work hard for something, it makes the reward that much greater. Keep a positive mind-set and remember that you have the ability to do anything you desire in life.
For more information see Neil Symington , a personal trainer aylesbury.
Like what you read? We would love a share :)
Other helpful articles you'll love