Killer Back Workout For Mass
This a hypertrophy back workout designed to build mass. The effects of a hypertrophy workout are explained in detail in the Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy Vs Myofibrillar Hypertrophy article here.
In summary, though, when you lift in the hypertrophy phase, your muscle cells will get bigger, and thus, it will cause you to gain a lot of size and strength.
This killer back workout consists of 5 different back exercises. Make sure you choose a weight that will allow you to perform the written amount of reps of the back exercises. If you can do more than the number of reps shown, increase the weight, and vice versa. For the Lat Pulls and Seated Rows back exercises, I wrote “5-second descents” in the comments. What I mean by this is when going back to the starting position, it will take you 5 seconds. For example, when doing a lat pulldown, slowly extend your arms back to the starting position over 5 seconds. This will really work the muscle and further fatigue it allowing you to get the most out of your back workout for mass. It’s one of my favorite workout techniques and is very effective. Also, on the reverse dumbbell flies back exercise, hold the repetition at the top for 2-second holds before repeating the repetition again.
Attached to each exercise in the workout is a clip demonstrating how to perform the exercise.
If you have any questions regarding any of the back exercises of this killer back workout for mass, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will answer any questions.
Build mass effectively with this killer back workout!
- Lat Pulldown – 4 sets of 8 reps (5 second descents on each rep); 2 minute rest between sets
- Seated Rows – 4 sets of 8 reps (5 second descents on each rep); 2 minute rest between sets
- Dumbbell Back Flies – 3 sets of 10 reps (2 second holds at the top) with 2 minute rest between sets
- One Arm Dumbbell Row – 3 sets of 8 reps with 2 minute rest between sets
- Neutral Grip Pull-ups – 4 sets until failure with 1 minute rest between sets