Looking for the best maca powder on the market?
You came to the right spot.
Unfortunately, because maca supplements aren’t regulated, it’s tough to figure out which option is legit, so you ensure you’re getting the testosterone and energy enhancing benefits maca is known for..
That’s where I come in.
I did 20 hours of research, reviewed 13 articles on Maca options and benefits for men, studied abstracts of 16 Research papers, read through over 15 Reddit & Quora Threads, and looked through over a hundred verified purchases reviews.
And why did I do this?
So I could guarantee I found the top maca supplement on the market to take for both myself (I’m selfish) and you.
And that’s what you’ll find in the review: the ‘hands down’ 3 best maca supplements on the market for men.
So let’s dive in.
If you are in a rush, here is the Go-To Summary:
Best Overall Option: Black Maca Powder from Lost Empire Herbs
Best Budget Option: Organic Raw Black Maca Powder from The Maca Team
Best Capsules: Black Maca Root Extract from NusaPure
If you are looking for the best Maca powder in the market, one that has been tried already by tons of men and has proven effective, this black maca from Lost Empire is the one you want, and it’s not even close.
Here are 3 reasons why:
1) It’s Lab Tested: It has incomparable solid evidence behind it. The producers are so transparent in presenting three different lab results for their products; identity certificate of analysis, heavy metals and microbiology certificate of analysis, and a GMO Certificate of Analysis.
2) Phenomenal Reviews: They have phenomenal reviews (nearly all 5 5-stareviews). I went through 100s of their reviews–reviews from young people, 50+ men, and even women who all tried the powder witnessed its results, and still recommended it after months of using it.
3) Great Ingredients & A 365 Days Cash-Back Guarantee: There is only one ingredient: Organic, Non-GMO Black Maca Powder–and that’s the way it should be. I also love that you have a full year to return it if you don’t like it.
There are a few downsides, though.
Shipping isn’t free unless the order is over $100, and unfortunately, they don’t have any “bulk” options to save money by purchasing a larger quantity.
Additionally… It’s also by far the most expensive option by a significant margin.
With that being said, I think it’s well worth the price, and it got the #1 spot because of its superior quality.
With supplements being unregulated, you never know what you’re going to get, and typically transparency is an issue, but with Lost Empire, they have everything you could possibly want: Organic, high-quality black maca powder without any additives.
If I were picking maca to improve libido, improve your strength and stamina, and get the plethora of nutrients and minerals black maca provides–and money was not an option–this is the one I’m going with. Period.
However, because money is an option, if you’re looking for a high-quality maca powder at a really good price, I love our #2 option from The Maca Team–and full transparency, it’s the one I take personally.
This organic black maca from The Maca Team is the To-Go option for a budget maca option.
It is almost half the price (per kg) of our first recommended option, and it’s still one of the highest quality options.
I have to be honest, while I love the #1 option and think it’s well-deserving of the top spot, I’ve been taking The Maca Team’s maca powder for years now.
And I’m not alone.
They have 1000s of reviews and are arguably the most popular maca powder option available.
Why do we think it is a good choice?
1) Producer Reputation: The Maca Team has a great reputation in the space and the reviews back it.
2) Tested Organic Origins: This powder is made of pure Peruvian organic roots. It has a 3rd party certificate of analysis (COA) that confirms its organic composition and nutritional value.
3) My Personal Experience: I’ve been taking this one for years and it’s phenomenal. It tastes great, mixes well in my smoothies, and I feel the difference from taking it–I feel a boost of energy in the morning and my sex drive hasn’t been higher (probably TMI but hey, it’s the truth).
I went through the reviews on their website and found 3 common themes:
So if you share these goals and are looking for a budget option (yeah, I’m talking to you), I recommend this Organic Black Maca from The Maca Team. You may also consider the premium and gelatinized options from the Maca Team if you are looking for even higher quality and variants that are more gentle on the stomach.
On a general basis, raw maca powder is less processed and has more nutrients, but harder to digest. Gelatinized maca is more processed and easier to digest, but has fewer nutrients.
And like our #1 option, shipping also isn’t free here until you spend $60. I actually just purchased 3 of these today to avoid paying shipping fees since I know I’ll be taking it for the next 4-5 months.
While not my first option, maca capsules offer a practical solution for those who are usually on the move and not much into smoothies. And when it comes to maca capsules, this option from NusaPure looks like a solid one.
Full transparency, I’ve never tried this one, so my review here won’t be the best, but I have a friend who uses it who swears by it–which is why it made the list.
Right off the bat though, it has some additives in the ingredients that I’m not a fan of and it’s not organic or GMO.
These things are important to me, and I think they should be for you, too.
It is, however, by far the cheapest option, at $.15/serving, and if you’re sensitive to taste, this is the easiest maca option to consume.
If you’re okay with mixing maca into your morning shakes, without question, go with our #1 and #2 options.
Maca products have been used for centuries as fertility and libido enhancers. It is one of the few superfoods supported by multiple research papers to have a potent effect in elevating sexual desire, decreasing sexual dysfunction, and increasing semen levels in Men.
And as men, we can also use a little help in this area.
So if you’re looking for top-quality maca powders, you can’t go wrong with either of our top options: either from Lost Herbs or The Maca Team.
And as I mentioned earlier, I personally take black maca from The Maca Team and swear by it.
Whichever one you decide to go with on this list, rest assured you’ll get all the benefits maca powder is known for.