Beginners Workout Routine For Women
If you are a beginner and just starting to workout this beginners workout routine for women is a great place to start. This women’s beginner workout plan is a great fat burning plan. It will burn lots of calories and get you into great shape. It consists of a lot of cardio combined with low weight, high rep strength training exercises. There is minimal rest time during this workout so it will be challenging but the workouts should be relatively quick.. This workout routine will be difficult so if you are unable to complete a workout, it is okay. Go home and rest and come back to the next workout ready to work hard again. Listen to your body as it will tell you when enough is enough. As you workout consistently, you will be amazed at the results. I highly recommend going to the gym with a partner, friend, sibling, etc. when doing this beginners workout routine for women as both of you will be able to motivate each other. Also, many days going to the gym feels so much like a hassle but if you go with another person, there will be more of an obligation to go.
Make sure you are eating properly both throughout the day as well as -pre and -post workout nutrition. Without a proper diet, exercise can only do so much. Visit our diet plans section of myphenomfitness.com to see detailed diet plans to fit your goals. Also, click this link if you want to learn about how losing weight works and the science behind it.
The Workout Routine For Women Beginning to Exercise
Monday – Cardio + Upper Body
- 5 minute warm-up (just to get the blood flowing)
- 10 minute jog (should be difficult but not too hard)
- 5 minute cool down
Lat Pulldowns 3 sets of 15 reps, 30-second rest
Dumbbell Bench Press 3 sets 15 reps, 30-second rest
Front Raise 3 sets of 15 reps, with 30-second rest
EZ Bar Preacher Curls 3 sets 15 reps, 30-second rest – (Suggested Reading: Best 3 preacher curl bench for your home gym)
Overhead Dumbbell Triceps Extensions 3 sets 15 reps with 30-second rest
Tuesday – Off
1.Five minute warm-up on the treadmill to get the blood flowing
2.Interval training for 15 minutes –
- During interval training, you will alternate between “fast” and “slow”. For example, let’s say that 7 speed is difficult for you and 5 speed is still kind of hard but not too strenuous. You will do a minute at 7 speed and then a minute at 5 speed and then a minute at 7 speed and then a minute at 5 speed, etc. for 15 minutes.
- So before you start your 15 minutes, pick the speeds that you think will be good for you. This is supposed to be difficult but not impossible so be realistic with your speeds
3.Cool-down for 5 minutes
Front Plank 3 sets for 60-second hold, with 30-second rest
In N Outs 3 sets for 15 reps, with 30-second rest
Mason Twists 3 sets of 40-second reps, with 30-second rest
Crunch And Hold For 5 Seconds 3 sets of 8 reps, with 30-second rest
Friday: Cardio/Lower Body
5 minute warm-up on the treadmill–
Dumbbell Squats (using weight for this is optional. If bodyweight squats are a challenge, then do not use any weights. As the exercise gets easier, add weight to the exercise)3 sets of 15 reps, with 30-second rest
Lunges 3 sets of 15 reps, with 30-second rest
Hamstring Curls 3 sets of 15 reps, with 30-second rest
Calf Raises 3 sets 15 reps, 30-second rest
15 minute jog on the treadmill
Sunday: 30 minutes of speed walking (can be outside or on the treadmill)
And don’t forget some of our other great workouts, like this list of my favorite tire workouts.
Put It into Practice: 3 Impactful Takeaways to Implement
- Beginner workout benefits: This article explains why a beginner workout routine for women is important for building a strong foundation of fitness, health, and confidence. It also gives some tips on how to set realistic goals, track your progress, and stay motivated.
- Beginner workout exercises: This article provides a sample four-week beginner workout routine for women that includes three full-body strength training sessions and two cardio sessions per week. It also shows how to perform each exercise with proper form and technique.
- Beginner workout tips: This article gives some practical tips on how to prepare for your workouts, such as warming up, cooling down, hydrating, and eating well. It also advises how to avoid common mistakes and injuries, such as overtraining, skipping rest days, and lifting too heavy.