Looking for a vegan protein bar recipe that’s healthy and delicious?
You came to the right spot!
I have been making the protein bars I’m about to show you for some time now and they are not only super healthy but delicious, too.
They require no oven or complex recipe and are extremely affordable.
- 1 Vegan Homemade Protein Bar Recipe
- 2 Ingredients you will need for your healthy protein bars recipe:
- 3 Directions for making homemade protein bars:
Vegan Homemade Protein Bar Recipe
Shown below is a recipe for how to make healthy homemade protein bars.
The ingredients listed for this homemade protein bars recipe will be enough for about 15 protein bars, each containing approximately 300 calories and 30g of protein.
Ingredients you will need for your healthy protein bars recipe:
1. Protein Powder – 400g
You will need approximately 400g (try to use the purest, most natural form of protein powder: it could be whey, soy, egg white, casein or plant protein as they are all complete protein powders)
2. Rolled oats – about 200 g
3. Fat-free milk or milk substitutes like almond milk or soy milk – 3/4 cupt
I would personally recommend using almond milk as it tastes great and is a great healthy alternative to milk
4. Peanut butter – 100 g
Try to use natural peanut butter if possible for a much healthier peanut butter. Most non-natural peanut butter contain partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, and should be avoided if possible.
5. Honey – 100g
6. Cocoa Powder – 30 g
7. Flax Seed – As Needed
You may use as much or as little flax seed as you need.
Directions for making homemade protein bars:
So after you have all of your ingredients:
- Mix them all into a big bowl (except the flax seed)
- After you mix the ingredients together very well, take the mix and roll them evenly into 15 protein bars.
- After you separate them into 15 even bars, roll them in flax seed and then set them in the fridge for about 2 hours (I have found the best success simply leaving them in the refrigerator overnight).
- After 2 hours, you will have 15 amazing protein bars waiting in the fridge for you. By placing them in the refrigerator they will have hardened and become very easy to eat without it causing a mess.