Intense Chest Workout For MassSeptember 20, 2011
This intense chest workout for mass is designed to build mass for your chest. It is a hypertrophy workout so it will cause you to build size. Also included, at the end of the workout, is 4 sets of pushups. Pushups are a great way to finish the workout and give you a great pump. For all the exercises in this chest workout for mass, use steady, controlled movements and hold for 2 seconds at the bottom of the lift.
So for the flat bench press, hold for 2 seconds after you lower the bar to your chest. I also included 2 drop sets in this chest routine, one for flat bench press and one for incline bench press. For flat bench, perform the first 3 sets doing only 8 reps and for the last set (4th set) complete a drop set.
For the incline dumbbell press, do the first 2 sets performing 10 reps and then for the last set (3rd set) complete a drop set. A drop set is when you do a certain amount of reps of an exercise, take off some weight, do more reps, take some weight off, etc. etc.
For these specific drop sets it will be 4 series of 5 reps. That means you will do 5 reps of a certain weight (choose a weight that is difficult, but that you can perform 5 reps), take some weight off, perform 5 more reps, take some weight off, etc for a total of 4 series of 5 reps (20 reps total). Make sure not to rest during the drop set as there should be no rest!
I didn’t include the weight to use for each exercise in this intense chest workout because you will decide how much weight is right for you. Make sure to pay attention to the amount of rest time between sets as this is very important. If you have any questions regarding this mass-building chest workout, feel free to ask!
Complete the ultimate chest workout regimen below and start adding size to your frame!
- Flat Bench Press – 4 sets (3 sets of 8 reps with the 4th set being a drop set of 4×5 reps) (120 second rest between sets)
- Incline Bench Press – 4 sets (3 sets of 8 with the 4th set being a drop set of 4×5 reps; perform this drop set just like you did for the flat bench press) (120 second rest between sets)
- Chest Pulley Flies – 3 sets of 10 reps (1 minute rest between sets)
- Dips – 4 sets of 10 reps (Use assisted dip machine or weighted dips to allow you to only be able to perform 8 reps) (1 minute rest between sets)
- Push-ups – 4 sets until failure (1 minute rest between sets)