Crossfit Training WorkoutSeptember 8, 2011
For those of you who don’t know what CrossFit is, it is a new kind of workout that is becoming quite popular. It is a very fast-paced and intense workout that is fun, competitive, and demanding. It requires all-out physical exertion combining movements such as sprinting, rowing, jumping, bodyweight exercises, weight lifting, and much more. Common CrossFit equipment includes barbells, dumbbells, pull up bars, kettlebells, medicine balls, crossfit grips and crossfit shoes.
If you are looking to get into crossfit, make sure to checkout our review on the best crossfit shoes, where we dive into 4 fantastic options.
CrossFit workouts consist of continuous exercise with breaks only when you physically cannot do it anymore. These CrossFit workouts are relatively very short because, well they kind of have to be considering how demanding the workout it is.
To perform this CrossFit training workout you will perform the exercises listed below (20 reps for all of them) as fast as you can while still maintaining good form. This workout should test your cardiovascular endurance as well as your muscular endurance. This CrossFit workout consists of 2 sets consisting of 5 exercises each. Perform the first 5 exercises, take a 90 second rest, and then the next 5 exercises. Perform this 1-4 times through depending on your fitness level (the greater your fitness level, the more times you should do it and vice versa). This is a very intense workout so make sure to get a proper warm-up and to use a weight (on exercises that require using weight such as dumbbell squats and dead-lifts) that allows you to use proper form throughout.
Use this CrossFit training workout listed below and get in awesome shape today!
20 Dumbbell Squats
- (hold a dumbbell in each hand and perform 20 squats)
20 Double Unders
- (a double under is when you jump rope and the rope goes under your feet twice per jump. If you are unable to do these due to lack of skill or ability, simply perform 20 high jumps while pretending to do the jump rope motion)
- (put knees on the floor during pushup if needed)
20 Box Jumps
- (For these, simply find a platform to jump on to, preferably a box. Most gyms will have some type of plyometrics equipment to allow for this exercise. Challenge yourself and make it relatively high so that you really push yourself and make it difficult)
20 Pull-Ups (use assisted if needed)
90 Second Rest
- You may use a barbell or dumbbells for these
20 Burpee Box Jumps
- Perform a burpee with the jump landing on a box. Challenge yourself by making the box relatively high. These should be killer!
20 Pull-Ups (use assisted if necessary)
20 Double Unders (Perform 20 high jumps if you cannot perform double unders)
20 Body Weight Inverted Shoulder Press
- These are very difficult and if you find yourself unable to do them, put your feet on a bench or a wall and perform them. If those are too difficult as well, simply perform a seated dumbbell shoulder press until you are able to work your way up to the inverted bodyweight shoulder press.
If you feel like you can, repeat this workout 2-4 times for optimal results. If you have any questions regarding this crossfit training workout, do not hesitate to ask!