Need a healthy baked salmon recipe?!
Listed below is the recipe for delicious baked salmon that you will absolutely love!
Simply follow the directions below and be on your way to making a really great tasting dish that everyone will love.
What you need to know about this healthy balked salmon recipe
This recipe is not very complicated and only requires a few basic ingredients.
Benefits of salmon
Salmon is a great source of omega 3 fatty acids.
Some benefits of salmon include:
- Reducing inflammation
- Increasing memory
- Relaxing the brain and preventing a decline in brain function due to age.
- Improves eye health
- The selenium in salmon makes it great at fighting free radicals, which are known to cause cancer.
In short, Salmon has tons of great benefits and is an awesome addition to any diet.
In this recipe, the olive oil, lemon, garlic cloves, cayenne pepper, fresh basil, and ground black pepper also have great health benefits themselves.
Not only do these foods add great flavor to your fish, but they are also great for you and have many positive effects on your body.
Enough with my babbling about the health benefits of this great baked salmon dish.
Look below for the ingredient list as well as for step by step directions on how to make baked salmon.
Ingredients you will need for your healthy baked salmon recipe!
- 6 oz wild salmon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or garlic powder)
- cayenne pepper
- fresh basil
- ground black pepper
- Directions For Cooking Baked Salmon:
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Place salmon on cookie sheet (non-stick or lightly brushed with olive oil)
3) With a fork, poke small holes in the salmon in the center and on the ends
4) Sprinkle ground pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic on salmon
5) Brush 1 tbsp olive oil on salmon
6) Juice ½ lemon and pour over salmon, and slice a few lemon slices and place on top
7) Bake 12-15 minutes, until salmon flakes easily
All you have left to do is take it out of the oven and serve.
Not included in the recipe but it might be a good idea to add to your entree is to maybe add some whole grain brown rice and a side vegetable, such as asparagus for a complete meal.